The lightweight and self-activating bar puller has no moving parts, mounts in 60 seconds with gripper change in about 30 seconds, and does not interfere with other tools or cause turret imbalance. When a bar puller is used, the lathe turret no longer acts as a stock stop, reducing turret degradation and eliminating expensive, space-consuming, high maintenance bar feeds.
How It Works
1. Mount shank in turret; screw on adapter (if required) and gripper.
2. Insert bar through back of spindle and clamp with collet or chuck.
3. Face off minimum 1/4" projection using parting off command in CNC program.
4. Index turret to bar pull and traverse turret toward spindle for programmed distance, sliding gripper over stock.
5. Release clamping pressure on bar.
6. Retract turret programmed distance.
7. Reclamp Bar.
8. Retract turret sufficiently to clear gripper from bar.
9. Begin programmed machining cycle.
10. Repeat until all of bar is used.
11 Grippers (1/4" to 1 1/2 in 1/8" increments) plus 5/8" and 1" adapters Stock photo: Kit May Very In Size
CUSTOMER PLEASE SPECIFY AT CHECK OUT SHANK SIZE
1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2